Wanted: a motivated sales and marketing associate interested in helping grow the three-year-old Rivard Report, and helping businesses in San Antonio connect with our growing audience of engaged citizens. Our small team is seeking an individual who believes in San Antonio and who appreciates the quality and value of a hyper-local media site that steers clear of “click bait content” prevalent on other media websites. We’d rather deliver great value and steadily build a loyal reader and advertising base than inflate our site traffic with artificial numbers.
Jaime Solis, our marketing and advertising director, is looking for someone who can follow in his successful efforts and help him expand our reach and business relationships.
The ideal candidate is a Rivard Report reader, someone energetic, personable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Your challenge will be accelerate our rate of revenue growth and expand our advertising categories and partnerships.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Carrying out the execution of initial drafts of proactive marketing materials – media kits and rate cards.
- Meet quarterly and yearly revenue goals.
- Negotiating sales contracts.
- Manage and improve new and existing client relationships.
- Have fun growing a business.
- Adept at social media.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A love for San Antonio.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university.
- An enthusiasm for digital media.
- The ability to both work independently and take direction from others, as well as effectively manage time and priorities and remain focused on meeting sales goals.
- Sales experience in media, marketing, or a communications-related field (e.g. having previously interned in advertising, either on the publisher or agency side) is a plus but not required.
Salary plus commission, with benefits. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Jaime Solis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Featured/top image: View of downtown San Antonio from UTSA’s Downtown Campus. Courtesy photo.