Receive our most important stories in your inbox every morning.
Motorists traveling major Northside freeways and roads this weekend, and into the coming week, should be ready for some closures and detours.
Many of the notable areas are along Loop 1604:
- The Loop 1604 frontage road will be closed in both directions at Bulverde Road until 5 p.m. Saturday for traffic signal and road work.
- The right mainlanes of 1604 in both directions between Redland and Bulverde roads will be closed 9 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Sunday until March 24. Work crews will be working on the barrier wall there.
- The eastbound left and center lane of the 1604 frontage road between the U.S. Highway 281 northbound exit ramp and the southbound frontage road will be closed 9 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Monday until March 22.
- The eastbound Gold Canyon Drive/Redland Road exit ramp at 1604 will be closed for concrete work 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. nightly Monday until March 22. Motorists should use the 281 northbound exit ramp, go through the intersections at 281 and Gold Canyon Drive and use the Gold Canyon Drive entrance ramp.
- The westbound 1604 frontage road from the 281 southbound frontage road to the Stone Oak Parkway exit ramp will be closed 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. nightly Monday until March 22. Crews will be busy removing overhangs. Motorists are urged to take the turnaround at 281, go east and take the Redland Road turnaround, use the Redland Road entrance ramp and take the ramp to Stone Oak Parkway.
- The westbound 1604 frontage road between Gold Canyon Drive and 281 will be fully closed 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. nightly Monday until March 22. Motorists should take the double left at Gold Canyon Drive, take the double left at Redland Road, use the Redland Road entrance ramp, take the Stone Oak Parkway exit ramp and use the turnaround at Stone Oak Parkway.
- One eastbound mainlane of 1604 between Bandera Road and Bitters Road will be closed nightly for bridge work 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Sunday until March 22.
- One westbound mainlane of 1604 at Interstate 10 West will be closed nightly for maintenance 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Sunday until March 22.
- Maintenance will also shut down an eastbound mainlane of 1604 at Northwest Military Highway and a westbound 1604 mainlane between Vance Jackson Road and I-10, both daily from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Monday until March 22.
Other notable closures in the area:
- One northbound U.S. Highway 281 turn lane at Evans Road will be closed overnight 9 p.m.-5 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Alternating 281 northbound lanes at Evans and one southbound turn lane at Evans will be shut down 9 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly Sunday until Tuesday.
- Two southbound lanes from the Sonterra Boulevard exit ramp to the Donella Drive exit ramp off 281 will be closed 9 p.m.-5 a.m. Saturday and Sunday so crews can erect bridge beams.
- The left mainlanes of I-10 in both directions from Fair Oaks Parkway to Ralph Fair Road/Farm Road 3351 are closed until 4 p.m. Saturday for barrier and crash cushion work.
- The right mainlanes of I-10 in both directions from Fair Oaks Parkway to Ralph Fair Road/FM 3351 will be closed 9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily Monday until March 23 for guard rail and ramp paving work.
- Ongoing closures are affecting the eastbound and westbound I-10 left frontage lanes between Boerne Stage Road and Dominion Drive 9 a.m.-3 p.m. daily until Tuesday. The closures are to allow for road-widening and retaining wall work.
- The eastbound entrance ramp from Farm Road 1516 at I-10 East remains closed until further notice. Drivers in this area should take the next entrance ramp east of 1604.
Click on this link to see more construction-related closures and detours.