The San Antonio Spurs welcomed the best fans in the NBA back to the AT&T Center on Friday, March 12. The moment marked more than a year since fans last walked through the doors of the arena for a basketball game.
“We are thrilled to have our fans back at the AT&T Center,” said RC Buford, Spurs Sports & Entertainment CEO. “We’ve always said we have the best fans in the NBA and playing in an empty arena has reminded us all of how fortunate we are to enjoy the amazing support we receive from our fans.”
Since April 2020, Spurs Sports & Entertainment has instituted a number of new policies and preventative measures to ensure that the fan experience at the facility is safe and enjoyable.
“For the last 10 months our team has been laser-focused on implementing heightened health and safety measures, concentrating on three key areas: people, surfaces, and air,” said AT&T Center Vice President and General Manager Casey Heverling. “The entire organization has gone above and beyond to make sure that the AT&T Center is a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone in attendance.”
Highlights of the new health and safety procedures at the AT&T Center include:
- A reduced arena capacity of approximately 3,200 fans per game to help maintain physical distancing.
- A cashless and touchless experience at the arena, from paying for parking to scanning your ticket at touchless ticket-scanning pedestals to ordering food and beverages and paying for it with Spurs Pay.
- A Wi-Fi upgrade featuring AT&T’s latest 5G and Wi-Fi 6 technology to help make the digital touchless experience as seamless as possible. The AT&T Center is the first arena in the U.S. to have AT&T Wi-Fi 6 and 5G services.
- A partnership with Xenex, providing UV robots to be used for surface cleaning and electrostatic sprayers to sanitize the arena from floor to ceiling with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- A dedicated “Clean Team” at each game focused solely on disinfecting high-touch points, with every restroom featuring a “Clean Team” attendant.
- A new innovative partnership with GermLogic, using the highest rated filtration systems possible and increasing the fresh air circulation throughout the arena.
The AT&T Center is also asking fans to do their part to keep everyone in the arena safe. Guests in attendance are required to wear masks at all times while not eating or drinking, maintain physical distancing, undergo temperature checks, and complete a health screening prior to entering.
The Spurs have several promotional nights lined up for the remaining home games with full-arena giveaways, including Fiesta sunglasses on Wednesday, April 21; Fiesta socks on Sunday, May 2; and Fiesta court beach towels on Sunday, May 16. Fan-favorite theme nights are also on the schedule, including Fiesta Nights, Military Appreciation Night presented by USAA, and Fan Appreciation Night presented by Ashley HomeStore. There will also be a special celebration honoring Tim Duncan’s induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame on May 15.
Fans hoping to catch the game from the stands can purchase single-game tickets at Spurs.com or through the Official Spurs Mobile App. Seating pods of two or four seats will be available throughout the arena to maintain 6 feet of physical distancing between each group of fans.
Fans also have the option of securing a suite for six to 12 people on game night. Select the matchup that fits your schedule best and enjoy a secluded space to take in the action. Single-game suites are available at SpursSuites.com.
Spurs Sports & Entertainment will continue to prioritize fans and regularly seek input from local, state, and national public health experts and the NBA for guidance on keeping our fans and staff safe. For a full list of enhanced updates and protocols, visit ATTCenter.com/OurCommitment.