The Rivard Report will host a debate between Mayor Ron Nirenberg and District 6 Councilman Greg Brockhouse on Wednesday, April 17, at The Spire in St. Paul Square.
Rivard Report Senior Reporter Iris Dimmick will co-moderate the event with Texas Public Radio’s Local Government Reporter Joey Palacios.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the debate will start promptly at 8 p.m. Admission is free, but space is limited. Register to attend here. The Rivard Report will also livestream the event via its Facebook page here.
Nirenberg and Brockhouse are the two most-likely-to-win candidates out of nine on the mayoral ballot, and voters face a clear choice. Click here to learn more about them and the other candidates in their own words.
The incumbent and his main challenger will meet more than a dozen times at formal debates, forums, and other events throughout San Antonio before the May 4 election. Early voting begins April 22 and concludes on April 30. Click here for election information.
Here’s a list of upcoming mayoral debates and forums:
- Monday, April 8, with the Northside Neighborhoods for Organized Development at Hardberger Park Urban Ecology Center, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 9, with NOWCast SA and AARP at Palo Alto College, 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, April 15, Texas Public Radio’s studio, live at 12 p.m.
- Monday, April 15, Northeast Neighborhood Alliance meeting, 10303 Tool Yard, 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 17, with the Rivard Report, Spire at St. Paul Square, 8 p.m.
- Friday, May 3, for a broadcast on KLRN, 7 p.m.